HR | Heavy Rigid

ABC  Driving  School has  many  years  of  experience  in  Heavy  Vehicle  Training  under  the  Roads  and  Maritime Services Competency Based Assessment system. All of our instructor/assessors are appropriately qualified and authorised  by  the  RMS  to  conduct  Competency  Based  Assessment  (CBA).

Under  this  system  trainees are required to:

  • Study the Heavy Vehicle Driver Handbook (available from any Motor Registry). ($13 RMS fee)
  • Attend a local RMS (formally RTA) NSW Motor Registry to book, sit and pass a Knowledge Test for the required Licence class. ($47 RMS fee)
  • Pass  an  RMS  Eyesight  test and at  that  time  ask  for  a  HVCBA  (Heavy Vehicle Competency  Based  Assessment)  Logbook and guide book. ($27 RMS fee)
  • Schedule  and  attend  a  training  and  assessment  course  bringing  your  current  licence, HVCBA  Learners  Logbook and Guidebook.
  • After  successfully  completing  the  course  return to  your  local  RMS and  exchange  your Certificate  of Competence for your upgraded Licence. ($27 RMS fee)
Note from RMS Website:

“As  of 1  December  2014,  in-cabin  video  camera  and  GPS  technology  will  be  implemented  to  improve  the integrity  of  the  heavy  vehicle  CBA  Scheme  by  mitigating  fraud  and  corruption  risks.  The  registered  training organisations  (RTOs)  will  monitor  heavy  vehicle  CBA  final  competency  assessments  (FCA)  completed  by assessors for the issue of heavy vehicle driver licences.A  video  camera must be  in  operation  inside  the  cabin  of  the  heavy  vehicle  during  the  FCA/CT  in  order  to capture and record the end-to-end on road assessment.
Your  assessor  will  read  out  at  the  beginning  and  end  of  each  FCA/CT  conducted  by  Heavy  Vehicle  Licensing Assessors that work for RTOsholding a heavy vehicle CBA Accreditation Agreement with Roads and Maritime. The Industry must be fully compliant with change by 1 December 2014.”
ALL ABC Driving School Heavy Vehicles are fitted with fully compliant cameras.

All You Need to Do

Contact your  preferred ABC  Driving  School  to schedule the required Heavy  Vehicle  Licence  Upgrade  course.
(Please  have your  current  Licence  and  HVCBA  Learner Logbook  with  you  when you  call,  as there are details within the Logbook which will be required in processing  the booking.)

Search Site