TWO DAY COURSE
Completing our HR (Heavy Rigid) Licence course using a truck with a Constantmesh or Roadranger gearbox will result in you getting an ‘open’ licence. With this licence you can drive LR, MR and HR trucks with automatic, synchromesh or constantmesh gearboxes. YOU MUST HAVE CURRENT MANUAL CAR EXPERIENCE.
This course is usually undertaken by clients who wish to transport dangerous goods (flammable liquids) or will be working with older vehicles that still have this gearbox type. Please note this type of gearbox is now considered old technology so consider if the extra cost is worth it for you. Given that most modern fleets are automatic. the one day course would meet your needs. Remember, if you do find at a later date that you require the Constantmesh entitlement then you can undertake a Condition B Removal test.
5 Easy Steps to enrol on our course and start your Heavy Rigid Licence training today.
- PASS THE HEAVY RIGID KNOWLEDGE TEST AT YOUR LOCAL MOTOR REGISTRY OR SERVICE NSW (PRACTICE THE TEST HERE) RMS FEE $48.
- PASS THE EYESIGHT TEST AND PURCHASE YOUR HVCBA LEARNERS LOGBOOK CLASS HR. RMS FEE $28.
- PHONE ABC DRIVING SCHOOL (ARNDELL PARK) 96761113 TO BOOK A DATE FOR YOUR HR LICENCE COURSE.
- ATTEND AND SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE YOUR TRAINING COURSE. YOUR ASSESSOR WILL GIVE YOU A CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCE.
- RETURN TO THE MOTOR REGISTRY, HAND IN YOUR CERTIFICATE AND APPLY FOR YOUR UPGRADED LICENCE. (NOTE YOU WILL BE GIVEN AN INTERIM LICENCE WHILE YOUR PLASTIC CARD IS PROCESSED. (SEE RMS WEBSITE FOR DETAILS) RMS FEE $28.